Latitude Technologies, headquartered in Victoria, BC, is looking for an enthusiastic technologist or technician to step into the position of Customer Support Representative. Reporting to our Customer Support Manager, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in the success of Latitude’s customers.
Summary of Job Position:
Working as part of our support team, you will be responsible for supporting the full range of Latitude’s products. This position will require a wide range of skills and areas of expertise well suited for a curious and detail-oriented candidate.
The Customer Support Representative is responsible for tier one trouble-shooting and problem resolution of all customer technical issues. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers receive proactive and diligent service at every stage of the problem-resolution process.
This role requires a solid technical aptitude with an attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills. To be successful, the Customer Support Representative must be customer-focused and results-oriented. Commitment and reliability are essential. This role is one of opportunity allowing for involvement across all internal departments and offering excellent potential for career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming phone calls
- Activate airtime, flight-following, and flight data services
- Work closely with customers to configure hardware and firmware to best meet their fleet operational needs
- Help with customer installation issues and acceptance testing
- Assist with troubleshooting issues
- Deliver web-based product demonstrations, training and remote support
- Share responsibility for after-hours on-call technical support with other members of the technical support team
- Engineering/Technologist/Technician qualification or equivalent advanced technical education
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license with an avionics rating an asset
- Demonstrated front line customer support experience an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer driven with a passion for solving problems
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Self-starter with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to target technical content to a specific audience
- Outstanding computer skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Familiarity with the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) an asset
About Latitude Technologies:
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem-solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Highly motivated candidates who do not meet all the requirements for the position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Recent graduates must submit academic transcripts with their resume.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Customer Support Representative”