Latitude is a leading supplier of satellite telephone, tracking, and messaging avionic equipment and services. Latitude’s SkyNode® products are the smallest, lightest, most versatile, and most economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world. Latitude equipment communicates to both air and ground-based information systems, including our Web Sentinel web-based mapping and data management platform. Customers trust Latitude to always deliver and maintain reliable communications solutions.
Latitude is a GSA registered vendor (contract # GS-35F-0615V) for Federal, State and Disaster Relief programs.
Latitude is a TCCA Approved Organization #82-06 pursuant to Canadian Aviation Regulation (CAR) 561 and (CAR) 571 for the Manufacture, Maintenance, and Certification of Aeronautical Products.
Latitude holds and maintains Transport Canada, FAA and EASA STCs and other qualified data for its SkyNode S100 and SkyNode S200 products for a wide range of aircraft types.
Every year Latitude introduces something new to help improve communication issues faced by aero fleet operators, and to advance the science of air and ground fleet communications. The most recent examples, introduced in the past year, include:
- Providing highly detailed live monitoring and daily summary reports, including KML files, of fire suppressant drops done by fixed and rotor wing air tankers.
- Providing aerial scout aircraft with a ruggedized tablet/PDA version of Latitude Messenger used to deliver timely map shape files and other geo-metadata and text comments via existing SkyNode Iridium satellite communication devices, without interrupting AFF tracking. This successful program was also trialed on several other forestry agency aircraft throughout the US and Canada.
- Technical collaboration with tactical FM (Project 25) radio leader, Technisonic, to interface TDFM-7000 series radios with SkyNode S200 Iridium voice, tracking and messaging system.
- Exclusive partnership with SEI Industries (Bambi BucketÂ®) to provide the Drop Monitoring for all their bucket systems using the SkyNode product line as well providing communication and transmission interface technology for their Mission Tracker system.
- Introduction of the new UDG100 Swift Broadband flight tracking solution.
- Flight profiling technologies with integrated sensor alerting to optimize mission safety.
Our systems solutions provide full AFF situational awareness for dispatch and tactical operations. As well, Latitude supports interfaces for all air, land, and marine mobile devices regardless of manufacturer and network type (satellite, cellular, RFID, etc.) technology.
Our hardware and our web-based services have contributed to several aeronautical record breaking events, including two world circumnavigation firsts: with the Indian Air Force, on the celebratory event of their 50th anniversary, used the S200-011 model satphone and tracker; and in 2008, with a private piloted speed record in a stock Agusta 109 Grand, co-sponsored by Agusta Westland Helicopters. In the latter record-breaking circumnavigation, Latitude equipment was the first-ever Iridium tracking equipment to be recognized by the National Aeronautical Association (NAA) as an accurate and reliable substitute to existing data tracking and timekeeping equipment. SkyNode systems are also featured regularly on the History Television series “Ice Pilots NWT.”
In the competitive and rapidly evolving market of flight tracking and satcom solutions, Latitude has consistently differentiated itself through versatile solutions and superior customer care. No company has as broad a knowledge base or full end-to-end solution portfolio under its control as Latitude has.