Latitude Technologies, headquartered in Victoria, BC, is looking for a software developer with exceptional creativity and programming skills to join our expanding team. The Software Developer will play a key role in the development of the company’s new products and existing applications. Reporting to our Manager of Product Development, the successful candidate will participate in all phases of the development of Latitude’s leading-edge satellite communications and flight data avionics systems.
Summary of Job Position:
Working as part of our engineering team, you will participate in the technical analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of avionics and flight data management systems. This role requires a solid technical aptitude with an attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
Latitude provides an excellent opportunity to work on very interesting aviation related software and get exposure to a wide variety of tools and technologies. Our products help people in the field of aviation pull meaningful information out of flight data, map aerial fire attack, monitor critical aircraft operations and help with emergency coordination systems. Latitude’s suite of software ranges from server to web to mobile and installed applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the software development lifecycle of flight following and flight data analytics software on installed and distributed platforms
- Develop detailed software requirements and specifications based on stakeholder feedback
- Contribute to architectural and systems level design
- Perform unit testing and optimize application performance
- Provide troubleshooting support
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of software design best practices and methodologies
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to keep Latitude technology current
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated industry experience and success in software development an asset
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Development experience in mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Experience with C# Windows development
- Strong abilities with algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Xamarin an asset
- Experience with Java and SQL an asset
- Experience with front end development for the modern web an asset
- Knowledge of database integration, dynamically-driven web sites and server-side technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services an asset
- Familiarity with JIRA and similar issue tracking tools an asset
- Interest or experience with “Big Data” analysis or complex data warehousing an asset
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-178, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification an asset
Personal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Interest or experience in aviation and avionics
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
About Latitude Technologies:
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Highly motivated candidates who do not meet all the requirements for the position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Software Developer”