Latitude Technologies, headquartered in Victoria, BC, is looking for a talented engineer to step into the position of Automated Test Engineer. Reporting to our Manager of Product Development, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in the development of Latitude’s leading-edge satellite communications and flight data avionics systems.
Summary of Job Position:
Working as part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing complete and comprehensive testing for Latitude’s products. The automated test engineer will look for ways to facilitate better quality through the design, implementation and execution of an automated build and test system. This position requires a wide range of skills and areas of expertise and is well suited for a curious, creative and detail-oriented candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Author automated tests using Python and C
- Be an expert at finding bugs and breaking things, helping diagnose and fix the bug and improving the automated testing
- Develop verification and test plans with reference to product requirements
- Prepare and review test reports
- Document software faults discovered in testing and prepare steps to reproduce for the development team
- Collect and analyze data to identify trends and patterns
- Participate in development of hardware and software requirements, especially with a view to ensuring testability
- Prepare and review engineering documentation
- Communicate progress, milestones, and quality issues as appropriate to management
- Provide suggestions for improvements to system design best practices and methodologies
- Become expert on system setup and interface configurations
- Share knowledge on system setup and maintenance with product support and other technical staff
- Bachelor of Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more industry experience and success in bringing products to market is desirable
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with writing and performing functional and load testing
- Solid knowledge of testing methodologies and technologies
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-254 and DO-178 an asset, or experience developing for a regulated industry
- Understanding of electronic circuits, microprocessors and system–on-chip architectures and ability to read schematics
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth, ARINC 429, ARINC 717 an asset but generally an aptitude for learning new protocols would serve the position well
- Experience and understanding of working within a version control system.
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised within a team environment
- Ability to achieve objectives within appropriate timescales
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Excellent English speaking, writing, and grammatical skills
- Project experience in an agile development environment and/or use of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence an asset
About Latitude Technologies:
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Highly motivated candidates who do not meet all the requirements for the position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Recent graduates must submit course grades for their final academic year.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com, subject line “Automated Test Engineer”