Latitude Technologies, headquartered in Victoria, BC, is looking for an experienced programmer to step into the position of Firmware Developer. Reporting to our Manager of Product Development, the successful candidate will play a front-line role in the development of Latitude’s leading-edge satellite communications and flight data avionics hardware and systems.
Summary of Job Position:
Working as part of our engineering team, you will participate in the technical analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of avionics and flight data management systems. This position will provide exposure to a wide range of skills and areas of expertise well suited for a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate fully in the software development life cycle of embedded code for avionics / aerospace hardware
- Develop detailed software requirements and specifications
- Contribute to architectural and systems level design
- Design and implement code for embedded microprocessors
- Prepare and review engineering documentation
- Provide suggestions for improvements to software design best practices and methodologies
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to keep Latitude technology current.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years industry experience and success in advanced firmware programming is an asset
- Experience with embedded systems programming in C
- Experience with real-time operation systems and concepts such as memory management, threading, scheduling
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of electronic circuits, microprocessors and system–on-chip architectures
- Ability to read schematics
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M processors and FreeRTOS
- Experience programming for TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, ARINC 429, ARINC 717 an asset but generally an aptitude for learning new protocols would serve the position well
- Comfortable interfacing with external devices such as flash memory, a variety of sensors, external bus interface ICs over SPI or I2C.
- Experience and understanding of working within a version control system
- Project experience in an agile development environment
- Use of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence an asset
- Experience with circuit level debugging using oscilloscope, logic analyser etc.
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-178, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification an asset
Personal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Interest or experience in aviation and avionics an asset
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
About Latitude Technologies:
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Highly motivated candidates who do not meet all the requirements for the position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Recent graduates must submit final transcript.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com, subject line “Firmware Developer”