Latitude Technologies, headquartered in Victoria, BC, is looking for an experienced circuit and systems engineer to step into the position of Senior Systems Engineer. Reporting to our Manager of Product Development, the successful candidate will play a leadership role in the development of Latitude’s leading-edge satellite communications and flight data avionics systems.
Summary of Job Position:
Working as part of our engineering team, you will participate in the technical analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of avionics and flight data management systems. This position requires a wide range of skills and areas of expertise well suited for a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate. The successful candidate will exercise their communication and critical thinking skills in a collaborative problem solving and design environment, they will lead technical projects to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of product specifications, with reference to industry standards
- Develop detailed hardware and software requirements and specifications based on high level product definition
- Architectural and systems level design from multi board design to wired and wireless inter-networking
- Schematic design and board layout
- Prepare and review engineering documentation
- Communicate progress, milestones, and quality issues as appropriate to management
- Provide suggestions for improvements to system design best practices and methodologies
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to keep Latitude technology current
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years industry experience and success in bringing products to market is essential
Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with quality processes such as RTCA DO-254 and DO-178 an asset
- Understanding of electronic circuits, microprocessors and ability to prepare schematics
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M processors and FreeRTOS is an asset
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth, ARINC 429, ARINC 717 an asset but generally an aptitude for learning new protocols would serve the position well
- Experience with data acquisition and recording systems, inertial and vibration sensors, A/D conversion and RF coupling an asset
- Experience and understanding of working within a version control system
- Familiarity with environmental and EMI testing
- Experience with the civil aviation certification process an asset
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised within a team environment
- Ability to achieve objectives within appropriate timescales
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Project experience in an agile development environment and/or use of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence an asset
About Latitude Technologies:
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Highly motivated candidates who do not meet all the requirements for the position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Recent graduates must submit course grades for their final academic year.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Senior Systems Engineer”