Latitude Technologies, headquartered in Victoria, BC, is looking for software developers with exceptional creativity and programming skills to join our growing team.
Reporting to our Manager of Product Development, the Software Developer will play a key role in the development of the company’s new products and existing applications. The successful candidates will participate in all phases of the development of Latitude’s leading-edge satellite communications, flight tracking and analysis systems.
Summary of Job Position:
This position will provide exposure to a wide range of technologies in a demanding and exciting field. Our products help people in the field of aviation pull meaningful information out of flight data, map aerial fire attack, monitor critical aircraft operations and help with emergency coordination systems. Latitude’s suite of software ranges from server to web to mobile and installed applications.
Working as part of our engineering team, you will participate in the technical analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of Latitude’s core products. You will work closely with our sales and support teams to ensure that our software products exceed our customer’s expectations.
This role requires excellent communication and time management skills as well as an outstanding technical and problem solving aptitude.
We have an immediate need for developers with experience in the following technologies:
- Mobile Application development for iOS and Android using Xamarin
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development lifecycle of flight following and flight data analytics software on installed and distributed platforms
- Develop detailed software requirements and specifications based on stakeholder feedback
- Contribute to architectural and systems level design
- Perform unit testing and optimize application performance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of software design best practices and methodologies
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to keep Latitude’s technology current
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated industry experience and success in software development an asset
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Development experience in mobile applications (iOS or Android) an asset
- Strong abilities with algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of database integration, dynamically-driven web sites and server-side technologies
- UI design and implementation experience with both mobile and web applications
- Interest or experience with “Big Data” analysis, data warehousing or machine learning an asset
Experience with some of the following a must:
- Development tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Visual Studio and SVN
Personal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Interest or experience in aviation and avionics an asset
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
About Latitude Technologies:
Latitude Technologies is located in Victoria, British Columbia, on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
Latitude offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package. We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. If you are self-motivated, enjoy problem solving, and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career as part of a world-class team, contact us today.
Highly motivated candidates who do not meet all the requirements for the position and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Recent graduates must submit final transcript.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Software Developer”